Like Us On Facebook

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Whew! It's been a While and a Whirlwind!

Hi Everyone!! I just noticed that it's been 30 days since I wrote a blog posting!! December came and went and my head is still spinning!

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and are anticipating God's plans for 2012.  This past month for me was spent singing and sharing my testimony and shopping, cooking and wrapping presents!

I find myself reflecting a little bit over the past month and year and find I'm a little blown away at God's goodness, grace and love.  God blessed me with the opportunity this year to see women of all ages come to know Jesus as their personal Savior, He allowed me to lead women in Bible studies and He gave me a renewed vision for His call on my life and vision for ministry and He allowed me the privilege of guiding and counseling women facing overwhelming circumstances to seek His wisdom and guidance in their decisions.  He blessed us with provision during James' job loss, He covered us with protection over our health, and surprised us with unexpected gifts from His children who just knew there was a need.  He showed me a glimpse of my future which gave me comfort that He has my "now."  He kept a roof over our heads and showed His love in ways that just don't speak adequately with words.  There is peace in the midst of storms, joy in the midst of heartache, patience in the midst of difficult relationships, forgiveness in the midst of hurtful words, grace in the midst of selfish desires, hope in the midst of broken dreams, mercy beyond being deserved and love beyond measure. 

We've seen friends step forward to offer help in raising money for this amazing Mission trip to Israel.  We've seen family and friends step forward to offer counsel when roadblocks seemed to shut doors.  We've been prayed for, prayed over, and prayed with so many people with regard to hard, hard things.

I think what I remember most about 2011 is that it's been a hard year for so many people that I love.  I've seen such loss, such heartache, such sickness, such hurt this year...these are people who love Jesus and are deeply committed to Him.  I believe that this may be God's boot camp for His army of believers.  If you talk with any soldier and ask them about boot camp, it's not an easy training at all.  There are long and hard workouts, there are obstacle courses, there is intense warfare training, there is intelligence training, there is desensitization, there is physical, mental and emotional strengthening to be able to defend against any type of enemy.   Stands to reason, then, that if God knows we need to be strengthened to be able to defend against our enemy, Satan, we might need to endure some hardship to strengthen our walk -- our spiritual legs, our mental strength and sharpness and our emotional stability -- after all -- the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy -- and lurks around like a prowling lion...or slithering snake.  He is smart, cunning, and evil and hates not only us as humans, but he hates the Spirit that dwells within us.

So, if you've endured a season of trials, pain, hardship that seems worse than ever - thank God for it.  Why? Because HE loves you enough to want to put you through His personalized Boot Camp in order to strengthen you and make you more like His Son, Jesus. 

I'd like to offer a challenge to you for 2012.  I'd like to encourage you to keep a prayer journal - when anyone asks you personally to pray for them, write down their name, request and the date requested and pray for them.  If possible, ask them to keep you posted with regard to their request and record how God answers - He always answers - it may not be yes, no or maybe - but He will answer - even if there is silence -- sometimes that just means to wait on Him.  Record your own requests too and date them.  As God answers your prayers, go back and record those answers.  At the end of 2012 on New Year's Eve,  go back and take a look over the journal and reflect on God's faithfulness and how He answered your fervent prayers of intercession and the prayers of your heart. 

I believe that if we'll do this and commit to it, we'll see some amazing things begin to happen and I KNOW we will see more of God and His Mighty Power.  Will you join me??

I'd like to leave you with one of my favorite blessings.  May 2012 be the year that takes your breath away as you see God's goodness, grace and mercy!! May laughter cover you and follow you each and every day...
"May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and give you peace."

Have a blessed New Year's Eve....Happy New Year!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment