Like Us On Facebook

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Roses & Chocolate Mint

Hello my patient readers!  I've been a road warrior these last couple of weeks!  I took a quick trip down to Tallahassee last week to speak and sing to a very special group of ladies at the Killearn Country Club - and am so excited to announce to you all that out of that special group we have a new sister in Christ!!!! Praise the Lord -- I can just hear Heaven applauding at her decision to invite Jesus to become her Lord and Savior!

This week I've been to Hoover at Riverchase Country Club where I shared my testimony and music with another precious group of women.  There I met a flash from the past, my husband's past, that is...the sweet woman who shared her jewelry business with the group along with her sister were members of the church where my father-in-law was pastor during his time at Howard (now Samford) University.  They remembered James being about 3 years old in a darling picture where he and his sister, Jacque were in a wedding and he was the ring-bearer.  Small world isn't it!!

I love how the Lord brings His children together to show us He is near and that our "family" of believers is literally anywhere we go and He is everywhere we are.  I also love how He times these connections so perfectly according to His will.  It's like a little kiss on the cheek or a touch of His hand to remind us that He wants to be so real in our lives if we'll let Him.

Last Sunday, I was blessed with an opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do...sing backup with a live band!  This particular day it was with our Minister of Music and our praise band in the absence of Kim, our beloved pastor's wife and worship leader for the Contemporary service at church (she's sharing Jesus with people in Peru!).  Dale, our Min. of Music, called Friday morning to share with me that he was going over the music for Sunday and just strongly felt like he needed a female voice and asked if I could jump in there and sing back up with him.  I was truly honored and thrilled to be able to have a chance to do so.  The service was great and I felt the presence of the Lord with us there and enjoyed worshipping in this manner...it was another kiss of the cheek from God...I had voiced a prayer long ago asking to sing backup some time, and He let me -- in His house, singing songs to Him!  I just didn't think it could get any better...well it did...

Wednesday after choir practice, and a mighty hectic day, I stopped Dale and told him just how much I enjoyed and appreciated the opportunity to sing back up with him and the guys last Sunday.  We walked to the parking lot continuing our conversation and he shared with me that he was getting ready to go on a mission trip to play his saxophone...!  I was so excited to hear about his opportunity and asked him to share more about it with me....he did and gave me the web site.

I went home and went to the web site and looked around...blown away!  Many years ago, God spoke to me about doing something exactly like they are doing!! It's everything He had shown me!  I'm not going to share all the details here because I want to write more later - and yes, I'll give you the web site too but goodness -- can I tell you how blown away I was!! All this came from a conversation after choir practice....it gets better....

I contacted the person who is coordinating these trips and expected that I might hear from him in a week or so....no -- the next morning a reply from HIM was in my inbox and we began a conversation.  Let me tell you, this is an amazing organization and opportunity that I had literally thought I had only dreamed about...it gets better...

I gave this gentleman a link to listen to clips of my album, and told him about the amazing musicians who played on the album and that I was going to send this information to them ... and I am.  He wrote me back to tell me that he thought my voice and style of singing would fit well with the groups he carries/sends to these areas.  He asked me some questions and offered me some areas to check out and told me to begin praying over which mission trip I'd like to participate in...we also talked about another group that he's put together that didn't have vocalists to travel with them...but in our conversation, now he's considering it...God planted a seed in him too...

Y'all!! I'm blown away.  If you were to take a look at my present situation -- to consider this opportunity would be a major LONG SHOT and yet in the exciting events that have transpired this week God showed me a glimpse of things to come -- His plans give me a hope and a future...to prosper and not harm me...Jeremiah 29:11. 


Have my circumstances changed...no!  But what has changed is my perspective.  There is a new resolve -- oh yes, the enemy has been lurking around and has surely been in the details of this week with more annoyances than I'd care to mention -- but the presence of God has been strong as my Father because that's what I need right now...please don't read this as anything disrespectful toward the Lord because it's not meant that way...my dad died about over 3 years ago, and so I'm missing that father figure presence in my life right now - I've really needed a Dad -- boy, do I have a DAD!!!  He's the greatest!  He's held me, wiped my tears, given me sound advice, listened, comforted my fears, quieted my temper and breathed truth into me...He's loved me and told me so.  He's promised to protect me and has told me over and over and over...and his presence has been so close I can almost feel Him and hear His beautiful heartbeat.

How is this so?  I believe it's your prayers.  I believe it's my prayers.  I believe it's His timing and will.  I believe it's because He knows what I need...

Clearly I'm aware of mountains, valleys, wildernesses, desserts, and green pastures in the life of a Christian.  Do I know where I am right now -- I believe I'm beside the still waters in the wilderness...I believe He is giving me rest in a dry and weary land...because I'm not out of the wilderness quite yet.  But just like Moses said before the journey began toward the Promised Land..."Lord if you won't go with us, I don't want to go."  I don't want to go any further without Him either.  He told Joshua, "(You,) be strong and of good courage, for I the LORD am with you."  What good would it be to walk into the Promised Land without the One who led you into the wilderness?  What fun would it be to share the blessings of the good times if you didn't have knowledge of His presence during the bad times?  How could you begin to compare what it means to lay your burden down if you never had a burden to carry?  I'm beginning to understand this better and at a deeper level than I ever have.

I pray that this week you'll feel a closer presence of the Lord in your journey - wherever you are.  Whether you are on a mountain top and experiencing the joys of living life to the fullest or whether you are deep in a valley of despair and sadness...I pray you'll hear God's voice and lean into your Father, God.  Let Him love you, hold you, hear you and whisper in your ear -- and kiss your cheek just to show you how much He truly cares about the details of your life....circumstances may not change quickly but we don't have to be defined by them...remember that.

I love you dear sisters and brothers!  Remember this Sunday marks 10 years since one of the darkest days in history occurred - 9/11 the Day I'll NEVER forget...take a moment to reflect and remember that tragic day...but never forget that God was there and He is here now...and He's in control and has a plan -- a big one!  If you're near Pell City, we'll be sharing a memorial in song that evening at First Baptist Church at 7pm...I'd love for you to worship with us....

Be blessed in the Name of the LORD!  See ya next week.  We'll get back to our regular schedule one day...I hope!  Blessings!  Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment