Like Us On Facebook

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kitchen Tuesday - May 8 edition

Hello Everyone -- As you are reading this today, I'll be in Pigeon Forge Tn and singing and sharing my testimony with 2 groups of lovely ladies at their Christian Women's Connection luncheons today and tomorrow.  I'd love it if you'd say a prayer for me - specifically that I'll find my way around, arrive on time, and have enough time to get my thoughts together after everything is set up and ready to go.  I appreciate your prayer support so very much!

So - today is Kitchen Tuesday -- and I've got a very quick and tasty time saving supper for you!  We're celebrating Cinco de Mayo a little later....

Here's the recipe for my Quick and Easy Chimichangas! 

1 package flour tortillas (I used large because I had them)
1 lb. lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
1 pack taco seasoning mix
    (or make your own like I do--salt, pepper, cumin, red
     pepper, chili powder, garlic powder - all according
     to taste)
1 small package - layered fiesta dip (found in deli case - contains, sour cream, beans, salsa, guacamole, etc -- pick what you like)
1 pkg. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 jar salsa
1 container queso dip
1 bag spinach
1 bag microwaveable Spanish or Mexican rice
Vegetable oil

Brown ground meat in a skillet adding seasoning during browning process.  Drain meat if necessary and cool.  Spread a flour tortilla with a couple of spoons of dip and then sprinkle meat on top of this.  Sprinkle with cheese and roll into a burrito roll.  To do this, fold the side edges over onto the filling and then starting with the edge closest to you gently but firmly roll over and seal with a wetted finger (use just a little water).  Place seam side down into a casserole dish to rest while you make the others.  Continue doing this until you have used all the ingredients.  (This recipe will make 8 large or 12-16 small).  After you have made all the chimichangas, heat oil in another clean skillet enough to flash fry one side at a time.  When oil is hot (placing the end of a wooden spoon in and bubbles form will indicate readiness).  Place a few chimis in the skillet and fry till golden brown on both sides.  Place on paper towels to drain - keep warm. (Note: cook all of them now, and then when cool, wrap and freeze the extras for a quick meal later on! -- all you'll need to do is either microwave them or warm them in the oven.)

Heat Rice according to package directions.  Melt Queso dip too.

To build each serving place a hand full of spinach down on plate, top with a spoon full of rice and place Chimichanga on top of rice.  Pour a small amount of queso over the Chimi and top with a little salsa to make it pretty!

This is a filling, delicious meal -- and if you don't want to fry them, brush them lightly with a little olive oil and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown....I fried mine, so I'm not sure how long it will take!  :)

I hope you'll enjoy these -- my husband ate them for a round 2 dinner and cleaned his plate both times!  He loved that all he had to do was heat the "ready-made" one in the microwave with the extra rice I had made.

Bon Appetit!  I'll see ya tomorrow!   Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment